Friday, August 15, 2008

Keeping yourself awake at work!

I have figured out a few ways which can help you keep yourself awake at work and actually make you feel quite active:

1. Do some workout in the morning - it makes you really active. The more strenuous the workout, the more it helps. I know waking up early is a big problem (atleast for late-sleepers like me) but the days I do not go to gym in the morning, I am usually sleepy at work- dont feel active at all.

2. Have tea with breakfast, specially ginger tea - it helps. Atleast Tea is healthier than Coffee.

3. Bathe with COLD water. If you cannot - bathe with hot water and then once you are warm, get the cold water on. I am sure this helps - I read this tip somewhere and was making fun of it till I actually tried and made a few others try this. I still don't understand the 'garam-sard' (hot-cold - not getting/eating/drinking anything cold immediately after something hot) funda back in India but again whatever - it helps me!:)

4. The more you sleep, the more sleepy you are in the morning. Get the minimum sleep needed by your body to keep you active - 6-7 hrs is a good sleeping duration, they' say.

(All these have reasons behind why they keep you active - which I am being too lazy to write them down)

Anyone having anything more to share on this, would love to try:-)

No comments: